Here we go. A look at the top five basketball commercials. Anywhere from funny basketball commercials to simply sweet ones.
5. Steve Nash with Vitamin Water: This funny basketball commercial was not widely aired, but is down right funny. It reminds me of Zoolander. So if you like that type of humor, you have to see this. It is basically Steve Nash saying all these outrageous things about himself while he is doing a model shoot and putting on makeup.
4. Be Like Mike (Gatorade) Original: The one that started it all I guys. “Like Mike, I wish a could be like Mike.” How that has stuck even today. How could this not be a top commercial if even years later people are still saying “I wish I could be like Mike.”
3. Nike Freestyle: This Nike commercial is exactly what it says it is. Freestyle. It has a whole bunch of people doing sick moves with the basketball. It is put together to an absolutely sweet rhythm and it makes you want to go out and learn and do the moves that the people on the commercial are doing.
2. Let Your Game Speak: Once again, a Nike commercial. I am not a Nike fan, but there commercials are good. This Nike commercial features a whole bunch of kids doing Michael Jordan moves. They then go on to do some of his highlight dunks. It ends with them having the same game winners as him. It is basically a whole bunch of kids in a Michael Jordan highlight real with sweet music. Just Awesome.
1. Kobe and Lebron Puppets: This commercials were just absolutely awesome. For once, it was like the Superbowl when watching the NBA playoffs because I could not wait until another one of these commercials came on. There was “playoffs” commercial in which Lebron is totally jacked and is running around doing his chalk ritual and Kobe is like “been there, done that.” Then there is the “babysitting” commercial in which they have to babysitting this annoying little kid. The good part comes when they show the kid their shoe room and he shuts up and grabs for his inhaler. There is the “rings” commercial in which Kobe lets Lebron know about how many rings he has and the “car jump” commercial in which Kobe’s puppet does Kobe’s original (fake) car jump. This are just absolutely great.